6th Annual Silver King Classic Tarpon Tournament
Attention all Recreational Anglers! Compete in Walker’s Marine Tarpon Tournament, which proceeds will benefit Make-A-Wish® Southern Florida!
“We grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy” – Make-A-Wish®
Grand Prize for Adult Angler: $3000!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
MANDATORY CAPTAINS MEETING- Friday, April 13th, 5pm. Location: Walker’s Marine Marco Island, 785 Bald Eagle Drive, Marco Island, FL 34145. In this meeting you will be able to check in, receive your free tarpon tournament shirt and participate in the several raffles, including a 50/50. We will also go over the rules and hand you your guide brochure so you are ready to compete. Complimentary Drink & Appetizers provided!
TOURNAMENT – Saturday, April 14th, 8:00am-3:00pm. There will be a follow up Awards Ceremony and Lunch from 3pm-5pm. Location: Walker’s Hideaway Marina of Marco Island, 705 E. Elkcam Circle, Marco Island, FL 34145.
- To be eligible for entry, all Anglers must carry a valid Florida Salt Water License.
- To be eligible, all Anglers must use circle hooks and the tarpon must be hooked and caught by one person on a manually operated rod and reel. No other person may touch the rod, reel or line during the catch effort until leader is at the boat for releasing the fish safely.
- Only one circle hook may be used per line, the use of any treble or multiple hook rigs will disqualify angler from event.
- Any tarpon boated for the sake of pictures or measurement will result in immediate disqualification from the tournament and event.
- Once a tarpon is eligible for measurement, it is the anglers responsibility to immediately call the committee boat for a measurement taking care for the health of the fish.
- All measurements will be conducted by a committee judge and done so with the fish in the water at all time.
- The tarpon will be measured by girth only and taken around the widest portion of the tarpons midsection and measured to the closest quarter inch.
- Tarpon may only be gaffed in the mandible, any other location on the fish will be grounds for disqualification from the event.
- Any handling of the tarpon by the gills will result in disqualification of Angler.
- Tournament boundaries will be all follows:
- Coon Key Light (North Marker): 25 52—81 37
- Indian Key Pass (Southeast Marker): 25 48— 81 28
- Cape Light (Southwest Marker): 24 41— 81 38
- Fish may be measured outside the boundary as so far as Angler can prove hook up start site.